Wednesday, 6 July 2011

This weekend that's just passed was a most marvelous one – because on Saturday it was my sister's wedding day! I mention this because I had quite a hand in the aesthetics of the day, and would like to show you some innovations of mine which added to the general jolliness of the occasion. Beginning with the invitation I posted a while back, which formed the inspiration for the rest of my creations on the day...

Such as these giants cardboard birds and flowers that decorated an outside wall of the house...


And these signs for the well-catered-for dietary requirement guests!


Giant pointing hands are always quite authoritative.



I conceived of the concept for the 3-tier cake back in February (?) the start of the year, and from then on, my mum and I toiled with the sugar paste to create this delightfully gaudy carpet of flowers, with my mum's ceramic birds and figures emerging from amongst them.



My good photographer pal Erika Stevenson was also in attendance – her photographs of the day are wonderful and capture the spirit of proceedings like nobody's business... trust Erika to include a comedy dog snap (or two).

All in all, it was a lovely, and very creative day!

1 comment:

The Pea Pod said...

It was a creative day! I hope you all had a wonderful day. The wedding cake is fantastic.