Tuesday, 10 May 2011

I have returned with renewed vigour!

Hello! Well, it's some time since I've posted anything, but let me say it's not from want of things to post - more a combo of being rather busy and keeping things under wraps! I've been occupied since I last wrote, illustrating a book of gaelic short stories by assorted contemporary authors, for Storlann, the Scottish National Gaelic Education Resource Agency. It's been lots of fun, and a somewhat new direction for me, the illustrations all being in black and white and employing more photoshop than yours truly has previously been accustomed to. The cover has to remain a mystery until the book is out in Gaelic schools after the summer, but I can gladly share with you some of the 28 interior illustrations. The ones below are some of my favourite title pages for the individual stories - essentially little visual compilations of events and images from the tales.






Perhaps that's plenty for now - I'll post more throughout the week to keep things interesting!

No comments: