Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Grimm's Fairytales Vs. Berwick Book Illustrators



At Berwick-Upon-Tweed's Gymnasium gallery next month will be a great opportunity to see a travelling exhibition of David Hockney illustrations for Grimm's Fairytales. Running alongside will be a show of children's book illustrations by illustrators with a Berwick connection, including some work I did a few years ago for a Serafina Press children's book set in nearby Eyemouth... Also starring Sophie Elm's work for the same publisher! Illustrious company.

2 comments:

M.M.E. said...

Oh, I wish I could go see it! It's wonderful to meet another illustrator, by the way! I just graduated in December and am very anxious, having just illustrated my first novel, to talk with other illustrators.

Sophie Elm said...

Hi Lindsay,
Thanks for the mention. Have you managed to get to the exhibition yet? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to...if you do, could you take a photo of my hung work? Loving the new work! xxx